RSS
Tom Macon Info Blog is dedicated to the life and times of the late Tom Macon. His descendants helped fund my arrival to this great United States of America. If it were not for their generosity and constant encouragement, I would have never attended college in the Old Dominion, taken roots in Virginia, and developed such a deep respect for American history and the Civil War era.For this, I will always be indebted to the Macon family, especially Tom Macon's great, great grand niece Chelsea.


I am trying to put together a reunion in 2014 for the descendants of Tom Macon. Please write me at: ramzimasih@gmail.com for details and ideas for gathering in Richmond Virginia at the historic Jefferson Hotel. Since 1895, The Jefferson Hotel has been recognized as one of the grandest hotels in America. The accommodations are world-class and I am sure that it is a fitting place for a Macon reunion. 

I found this video on YouTube that gives you a better idea about the Jefferson Hotel. Because we haven't entered into a contract for the reunion location, I am still open to suggestions. I really do want to have it in Virginia because Tom Macon lived here.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you tell us what the room rates are and how long to plan for the reunion stay. Are you thinking about having it over a weekend so that working people can attend? Thankx

Tim Huffman said...

You can contact them directly at:

The Jefferson Hotel
101 West Franklin Street
Richmond, Virginia 23220

Phone: (888) 918-1895 | (804) 649-4750
Fax: (804) 225-0334

Stacey Garett said...

I think this is a great idea towards the long-loved Tom. I would also like to know when it will be and what type of money we are talking about here. If they are low enough for me and my family, i would love to spend the night before the great meeting! :) I hope alot come!!!

Jeffrey Cotter said...

I hear that place was haunted...

Might want to be careful Stacey. Ask Ghost Hunters to come there D:

Rong Lung said...

Haunted? You a kid?... lol

Cam Tao Jung said...

That place isn't haunted and I can prove it... IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE FOR GHOSTS! Just kidding, who knows, it could be haunted. A lot of buildings from the Civil War era are haunted. I would pay more if it was really haunted.

Anonymous said...

Apparently you two jokers are not here for the Tom Macon reunion?

Jeffrey Cotter said...

I'm a joker? what you trying to say?!?

Anonymous said...

Jeffrey, calm your little tail down.

Jeffrey Cotter said...

who are you to tell me what to do???!? I thought only my parents did that.

Anonymous said...

I hope someone that covers this site IP ban's you. Your very rude to the community. Making fake complaints.

Post a Comment